Hurricane Dorian alert!
Our crisis hotline is open. Get details about your services and how to stay safe.
Mobile phone program
Members get a free smartphone and minutes. Magellan Complete Care's SafeLink Phone program provides free smartphone and messaging services. It is a Lifeline program which is a federal benefit that is supported in Florida by SafeLink Wireless.
To get more information
Call Magellan Complete Care at 800.327.8613 or TTY 711
To get technical support
Call SafeLink Wireless at 877.631.2550
The program includes
- Free smartphone
- Free phone services from SafeLink Wireless
- 350 monthly calling minutes
- Free calls to Magellan Complete Care Members Services at 800-327-8613
- Free calls to 911 emergency
- Unlimited text messages
- 500 MB of data
- Voicemail, caller ID and call waiting
- Free technical support
- In the future - free health tip and reminder text messages
Members can also choose to Bring Their Own Phone (BYOP) and receive 350 minutes, unlimited text, 1GB of data for the first three months (500 MB thereafter).
Other questions and answers
How do you qualify for the program?
- Florida Medicaid-eligible adults age 18 and older
- Magellan Complete Care members
- Members living at the same household or address (as long as they do not share economic resources)
How do you enroll in the program?
- Visit www.safelink.com to apply online (this is the fastest way to enroll)
- Be sure to use your Magellan Complete Care member ID, so that you get all the special benefits.
- Call SafeLink Wireless at 877-631-2550
- Be sure to give them your Magellan Complete Care member ID, so that you get all the special benefits.
Whose property is the phone?
The phone belongs to the Magellan Complete Care member.
Does the member ever have to return the phone?
The phone does not need to be returned to Magellan Complete Care or SafeLink Wireless, even if they are no longer part of the health plan or Medicaid.
Can a member transfer this program benefit to another member?
The program benefit cannot be switched to another person.